Last modified November 04, 2021
Who we are
Our website address is: https://scientific.healthcare.
We care about protecting the personal information of our customers and visitors who use our websites, products or services (collectively, our “Users”). This privacy notice provides details about how your personal information is collected, shared and used by us.
Information covered by this privacy notice
Personal data in media metadata
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Gravatar comment service
Web browser cookies
If you leave a comment on our site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
You may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience, so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information we collect from you
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below. We collect this data for the purposes described under “How We Use Your Information”.
Information you voluntarily provide to us
We collect the following information from you when you provide it to us:
- Information you provide prior to any registration process, such as your email when you provide it to us;
- Information that you provide during any registration process, including in connection with a co-branded offer (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address or credit card information, geographic location and industry);
- Information you provide, when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or services; and
- Payment information, including credit card data that you provide to us (by way of our Services or otherwise) when you purchase some of our products and services.
Information we collect about your usage and devices
We collect data relating to your online activity on our websites, including the following:
- IP address;
- Browser type and version;
- Type of device you use, operating system version, and device identifier;
- Geographic location;
- Pages you view;
- How you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services;
- When you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services;
- Metadata about your use of our Services and emails we send to you (including clicks and opens);
- Metadata about how your customers, contacts, and users interact with the Services we provide you;
- Your interactions with any videos we offer;
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance; and
- Any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services.We store the data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
Who we share your data with
We share your personal information according to this privacy notice, with your consent or as necessary to provide you the Services you request, as well as to operate our business. As further described below, we will only share certain personal information with:
- Other members of the Corporate family;
- Our partners;
- Third party service providers and vendors;
- In connection with a sale, merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization;
- Authorized users within your organization; and
- For legal reasons.
Further information about the third parties with whom we share personal information is available here.
Sharing within the Corporate Family
We share personal information with other members of the Newfold corporate family to allow our corporate affiliates to contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you and to provide you with their products and services. Any such corporate affiliate may use your information only according to the terms of this privacy notice. If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent.
Sharing with Partners
When we share your personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to:
- Assist you in using our Services,
- Contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you, and
- Provide you with their products or services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
Further, our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for any purpose beyond those set forth above without your consent. We will not provide our partners with your credit card information. Further information about certain partners we share personal information with is available here.
In the event we collect information from you in connection with an offer that is jointly presented by us and a partner, we will let you know who is collecting the information and whose privacy notice applies, as well as any options you may have regarding use of your information.
Sharing with Third Party Service Providers and Vendors
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties to assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence or access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Additional information about certain third-party service providers we share personal information with is available here. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfill your order.
We offer features that allow you to better target who you contact through our products and services. These features allow you to optimize your campaigns, segment your lists, and better customize your offerings to your customers. In order to do this, we partner with third parties who can provide you with information about your contacts. If both you and your contacts are located outside of the European Union, this may include demographic information and geographic location. We require that these third parties are contractually or legally permitted to share this information with you.
In order to provide you with these features, we may send third parties certain pseudonymized personal data about your contacts. These third parties are prohibited from using this personal data for any purpose beyond that for which it was shared.
We also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners. For example, we disclose mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
All users authorized by you to have access to your account can view personal information stored in the account. A primary account holder can view personal information saved in subaccounts to which they have authorized access. We share information about authorized users only for legitimate purposes consistent with this privacy notice, including servicing your account and marketing products and services to you.
If legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, to bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
- Violating our terms and conditions of use;
- Causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
- Violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
This disclosure can include transferring your information to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To provide the requested Services to you;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
- To offer and improve our Services;
- To provide you with requested information or technical support
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services;
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law);
- To advertise and market third party products and services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law)
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
- In connection with our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To communicate with you;
- To target current or prospective customers with our products or services through online advertisements served on third-party sites by third-party vendors, such as Google (subject to your consent where required by applicable law);
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
- As otherwise described in this privacy notice.
We also use the information we receive to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products or services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for the Services.
We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees and for our own protection.